10 May Health and Fitness Month
Being healthy is not only associated with the mental and social wellbeing of an individual but also the physical fitness of oneself.
The World Health Organization (WHO) defined health in its broader sense in 1946 as “a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.”
What is health and physical fitness?
Physical fitness is the ability to keep the body flexible, healthy and strong. It involves activities that strengthen the entire body.
According to Springer’s Encyclopedia of Behavioral Medicine Physical Fitness is one’s ability to execute daily activities with optimal performances, endurance, and strength with management of disease, fatigue and stress and reduced sedentary behavior.
This is achieved through, proper nutrition, moderate-vigorous exercise and good rest.
Importance of health and fitness.
Regular physical exercise and activity is important to human health. This can have both immediate and long term health benefits.
According to MedlinePlus, exercise causes change in antibodies and white blood cells (WBC). WBCs are the body’s immune system cells that fight disease. These antibodies or WBCs circulate more rapidly, so they could detect illnesses earlier than they might have before. Physical activity may help flush bacteria out of the lungs and airways. This may reduce your chance of getting a cold, flu, or other illness.
Here are some of the health benefits of physical fitness;
1. Helps in weight management.
2. Help maintain muscle strength and balance
3. Lowers blood cholesterol levels
4. Reduces risk of heart attack
5. Protects you against major chronic diseases, such as type 2 diabetes and some cancers.
6. Lower blood pressure therefore improving heart health.
7. Reduces feelings of anxiety and depression
8. Improves sleep quality
9. Healthier mental state.
How can you be physically fit?
Get on board. Become physically fit by following these simple tips to becoming physically fit;
1. Exercise daily for a maximum of 30 minutes. Do yoga, stretch, jumping jacks, Zumba.
2. Eat the right foods, with the right portion. Stay away from the sweets.
3. Get some rest.
4. Track your calories intake.
5. Commit to your routine daily.
6. Walk at least 20 minutes, even inside the house.
7. Stay motivated.
8. Dance to your favorite song.
Similarly, you could subscribe to the Reiki treatment. http://www.livewellprivatecare.com/the-healing-benefits-of-reiki